4.11.2019

#47 : Jeff: Under Armor


Some of us make a bucket list in a cathartic way,  we put things down on paper that we would like to do before we die.  I even bought a book once called 1000 things you should see before you die. (I gave this to someone actually that never returned it, sadly) I bought the book, I made a list, I lost the list, that was many years ago.    I am curious to see how many people actually start working on their lists and how successful they are in completing them.    Then there is the "Make a Wish" foundation that grants wishes (bucket list item to have or do) for kids that have a terminal illness.  My son many years ago was the first wish granted for the Richmond Chapter.  He was hospital bound and wanted a Big Bird doll.    I feel like there are not many adults who are able to grab the bull by the horns and just TAKE OFF and start fulfilling their wishes, or lists or  wants before they pass away from their earthly beings.   I often wonder if we can travel in the afterlife to the places that are left unseen while we are on the earth , or if its even important to us AFTER the fact.

BUT THEN there are a few people that just know how to make things happen.  One of these people I was fortunate enough to meet this past week.  He is an inspiration to me and I am sure will be to many others.   MEET JEFF!!!!



Jeff is called "kitty" by his BFF,  Chenoa Ford,  he apparently has had 9 lives and lived each one of them to the fullest.   He has survived many a thing that most of us wouldn't be able to take even one of.   I am not going into all of the details but just say he is and has touched the lives of many and has not stopped yet.    He was in the hospital recently and was put in hospice with a very limited prognosis for staying on this earth, given oxygen, pain relief and a very restricted diet.   That happens everyday in hospitals all over the world ,  or at least I should say ,  in the US.   Jeff said,  NOT ME ,  I am not going to lay here and waste away and die......

I AM GOING TO WORK ON MY BUCKET LIST FOR AS LONG AS GOD WILL LET ME !

So Jeff bought a train ticket ,  along with 2 brothers ,  and took off from Arizona to California to New York.   He stayed in New York a week  (cramming in and completing many of his life's desire to travel) and then traveled by train and car to VA.  Here he joined his BFF's of 26 years,  Jerimy and Chenoa Ford.  Here is where I was able to meet this kind, witty and strong soul..... JEFF B.   He took many photos along the way that were awesome but this trip ,  I got to bring my camera and capture his adventure here in Powhatan , thanks to a few earth angels to include ,  Elwood Yates and Buck Tilman.    Off we went (along with our mutual friend, Patrick) to Tilman Town. 
Tilman smiling and enjoying the beautiful day and protecting the resident Kitty's


People say .... that photos speak a thousand words.... so here are a few thousand words for you ... for Jeff... for Jerimy .... inspiration, memories and reflections.....

ST JOHNS CHAPEL in TILMAN TOWN



A photographers Dream.... a building overflowing with ANTIQUE FRAMES OMG !!!  



SCHOOL OF HARD KNOCKS proudly flying their colors



Patrick enjoying some of the sights






Looking Forward with no regrets,  Brotherhood of the Ascendents 


I'm too sexy for my tractor





A little porch time is good for the soul


True love and fun never escape this beautiful couple taking a moment to enjoy the playground




Chenoa ,  always making people smile


Brotherhood



"A preacher,  A biker, a brother and a Mexican walk into a bar"  ~  Jerimy Ford

We were Framed 





So I only spent a short while with Jeff,  but I loved every single second...... I wish I had met him and his brothers much sooner in life to share in some of the adventures in Arizona & New York.  I guess things happen for a reason and in God's timing , not mine, and Jeff is arriving today in AZ.   Next stop?  His big Birthday Bash with friends and family out West to Celebrate Jeff and his days here on Earth,  Sunday?    Yes, Sunday , he is feeding the homeless..... as Chenoa (my favorite) ,  states in TRUE JEFF STYLE ..... he won't stop until God says its time.


Photo Credit:  Chenoa Ford

We have so much to learn from Jeff,  from Jerimy & Chenoa, from the brothers,  from Buck and from God.    I need a shirt,  Armor of God.... it just says more than I can put in words.   you see its not what we say while we are here, its not the to do lists we make , its not the wishes nor the promises nor the intent.  ITS WHAT WE DO ..... to be a shining light.....  a light that shines brightly in this sometimes very dark place our hearts hide in.    From now on,  the bar for me is raised ...... the bar for being strong,  for making things happen ,  for going after the joy not sitting still waiting for it to happen.




No comments:

Post a Comment