1.25.2012

#26 The "cool" teacher....... Mr. Christian Miller...........

Today I was reading a facebook status from one of our local leaders............MR MILLER.............. I see him around Powhatan all of the time....... he is a teacher, a leader and a friend to so many.  

There is a current contest to nominate VA teachers for an award..........DETAILS HERE;  I think he should win........ 


If you live in Ptown and are any way connected to the "high school" there is no way you can miss this guy.  You usually cannot miss me either, i am "always getting in your way, or asking you for something , high fiving the athletes or posing you a certain way on a certain day.  You all know I don't print everything I take or repeat what I hear...... and I love the work I do and the people I shoot............ MR MILLER IS ONE OF THEM....... he is always "there" and he is interacting and inspiring everyone alround him "always"



I am at the school a lot........I see from a "different point of view" than teacher or student ....I see from a lense that sometimes is macro..........this guy is good ......today's facebook post is just 1 of many of his examples he teaches something other than just "spanish".....

He is one of them that is always teaching, never lecturing........ and most of all showing everyone , kids and parents alike that there is a bridge that can be crossed ........genders, nationaliites, beliefs, backgrounds and what ever else that is gaping in our world.  

I don't "focus" on everything, everyone does and says and I'm sure I don't catch "it all" but I see beauty all around me in PHS ...........and I share it on my webpage...the kids
love him and respect him........ 

today's post is just one small example of what he is teaching our next generation........I don't care where you live you gotta luv it.........and if you can share........ :)

Christian Miller 1/25/2012............ his most recent post that I got permission to quote btw........without his knowledge of the other stuff I wrote above....... they are unedited, unprompted and liked by a lot of your children, just in case you don't do facebook.....


in his words only: 

Please tell me how heated arguments help anyone?

Do people really think using the F-word in an argument actually helps get their point across? What in the world is wrong with talking about differences in opinions WITHOUT getting angry. I always say I hate politics, but that's not what I meant. It's people devaluing others simply because of a label that they probably don't even fully understand. AH! Today, I just had a CIVILIZED conversation after school where there were big differences of opinion BUT it was beautiful. We didn't yell. We listened. In almost every argument, if you are courageous and wise enough, there is value to be had from BOTH SIDES of the scenario. If we LISTEN, an ACTUAL SOLUTION may come about. I pray to God someone feels me on this."


I sent mr. miller a little "inside joke" , something I found amusing that fit what he was trying to say......in a bit of a different wall, something I had on my own wall that was a sarcastic version of his heart felt plea............... not as much "grace" as mr. millers version but it worked for me......... 
I think we are speaking the same language, just each to a different audience, mine a little more already "jaded" than our next generation is at the time............maybe? if we had more like him we could quit talking about how bad the world has become FINALLY I have heard it all my life about my generation , the next generation and the next........I personally see it thru a totally different lens...... as usual........ my own drum..........I hope I can share 1/2  as much with you as Mr. Miller can........



No comments:

Post a Comment